坚持住 hang in there
hang in there“坚持下去,坚持住,挺住”, 美式口语,指在困境中保持勇敢和决心,常用来鼓励别人别放弃,美剧中很常用
英语解释为to remain brave and determined when you in a difficult situation。
例
Sometimes things work out just the way you want. Sometimes they don't. You gotta hang in there.
有时候事情会如你所愿,有时候则事与愿违,但你要坚持下去。
Just hang in there, Ray. I got you.
坚持住,雷,我来救你。
Hang in there! Hang in there! Get you to the hospital as soon as I can!
坚持住,坚持住,我会尽快送你去医院。《摩登家庭》
坚持到底 follow through
(1) follow through“坚持到底”,指把开了头的事坚持到底。
英语解释为to do what needs to be done to complete something or make it successful。
(2) follow-through名词,“(为完成某计划所采取的)后续行动,落实”
例
I'm so sorry that I couldn't follow through.
很抱歉我没能坚持到底。
I can't believe it's all gone. Dad never follows through.
我不敢相信圣诞真没了,老爸从来不会坚持到底的。
坚持到底 stick it out
(1) stick “粘,贴;刺,插;伸出”
(2) stick it out “坚持到底,忍受下去”,指把困难、棘手或枯燥的事坚持到底。
英语解释为to continue doing something that is difficult, painful, or boring。
例
I just have to stick it out for a year. One year.
我只要忍一年,一年。
They'll stick it out together.
他们会一起坚持到底。