In this English lesson I wanted to help you learn the English phrase
在这节英语课上 我想帮助你们学习英语短语
“Spread the word!” Now, this is something we tell people
“把消息传出去!”现在 这是我们告诉人们的事情
when we want them to tell other people about something.
当我们想让他们告诉别人某件事的时候
Every year the farmer's market opens at the beginning of June
每年六月初农贸市场开业
and we tell people, Spread the word.
我们告诉人们 传播消息
The first day of the market is June 2nd or something like that.
市场的第一天是6月2日左右
Spread the word.
把消息传出去
This means that we want people to tell other people that the market is starting.
这意味着我们希望人们告诉其他人 市场正在启动
I recently started uploading English lessons to a website called
我最近开始把英语课上传到一个叫
Bilibili in China, and in the comments I keep telling people to spread the word
在中国身上 在我的评论中 我一直告诉人们要传播这个词
so that everyone in China will know that they can watch my videos on my channel
让中国的每个人都知道他们可以在我的频道上看我的视频
instead of all the other channels where my videos happened to be...
而不是我的视频恰好在的所有其他频道...
it’s always ah... an interesting thing. when I see that.
总是啊.. 一件有趣的事 当我看到这个的时候
The other phrase I wanted to teach you today is the phrase “spread out”.
今天我想教你们的另一个短语是“分散开来”
When you tell someone, a group of people, to spread out.
当你告诉某人 一群人 让他们散开
It means they're all standing
这意味着他们都站在
really close together and you want them to stand further apart.
靠得很近 你想让他们站得更远
I do remember my physed teacher, my physical education
我还记得我的物理老师 我的体育课
teacher, saying this a lot in physed class.
老师 这句话在体育课上说了很多
At the beginning he would say, Spread out, and then we would all stand,
一开始他会说 散开 然后我们都站起来
I think, arm length apart for our warmup exercises.
我想 我们的热身练习要分开一臂
I don't really remember what those exercises were.
我真的不记得那些练习是什么了
Anyways, when you tell someone or a group of people to spread the word,
无论如何 当你让某人或一群人传播消息时
you want them to tell everyone they know about something important.
你想让他们告诉所有人他们知道的重要事情
When you tell a bunch of people to spread out,
当你让一群人散开时
it means you want them to stand far from the people around them.
这意味着你想让他们远离周围的人
By the way, you can also use this verb for other things.
顺便说一句 你也可以把这个动词用于其他事情
You can spread things out on your table when you get home from grocery
当你从杂货店回到家时 你可以把东西放在桌子上
shopping to see what you've bought.
购物 看看你买了什么
And there's other uses as well.
此外 它还有其他用途
My uncle actually used to work there.
我叔叔实际上曾经在那里工作过
He was really good.
他真的很棒
He ran the whole truss making division.
他负责整个桁架的划分
He was really good at getting people to be very efficient.
他真的很擅长让人们变得非常高效
I'm not sure if he was a good boss.
我不确定他是不是一个好老板
He was certainly an effective boss, but he could get people to make trusses
他当然是个能*老板 但他能让人做桁架
really fast and he could get them to do a really, really good job as well.
速度非常快 他可以让他们做得非常非常好
I think usually what he did is to have each
我认为他通常做的就是让每个人
area that was making trusses compete with each other to see who could build
制造桁架的区域相互竞争 看谁能建造
the best trusses and who could build those trusses the fastest.
最好的桁架和谁能最快地建造这些桁架
Anyway, once again, I'm on the train tracks.
不管怎样 我又一次站在了铁轨上
I'll just show you again that I'm not in danger here.
我再给你一次证明我在这里没有危险
You can see that there are no trains visible at all.
你可以看到 根本看不到火车
Anyways, thanks for watching this short English lesson.
无论如何 感谢您收看这节简短的英语课
I'm actually still in town and it's evening.
我其实还在城里 现在是晚上了
It's Wednesday evening.
现在是星期三晚上
But I'm just making this quick before I go back to work.
但我只是想在回去工作前速战速决
I have to be at school at night tonight
今天晚上我得去学校
for a little open house, I guess you would call it.
对于一个小小的开放参观 我猜你会叫它
I'm excited.
我很兴奋
I know it doesn't sound like I'm excited, but parents and students come at night
我知道这听起来并不令人兴奋 但家长和学生都是晚上来的
and there's a barbecue, and it should be a lot of fun.
还有烧烤 应该会很有趣的
The food's free.
食物是免费的
Anyway, see you in a couple of days with another short English lesson. Bye.
不管怎样 过几天我们再上一节简短的英语课 再见