怎么用英语表示你饿了?
一般程度的饿
I’m hungry.
很饿很饿
I’m starving.我饿极了。
My stomach is growling. 我的胃在咕咕叫了。
如果特别想吃具体的某样东西:
I’m craving for…
我想吃…
I’m craving for cake.
我想吃蛋糕。
I’m craving for tea.
我想喝茶。
表示某一类吃的
Something 酸/甜/苦/辣/咸
Something sour 酸的东西
Something sweet 甜的东西
Something bitter 苦的东西
Something spicy 辣的东西
Something salty 咸的东西
I’m craving for something spicy.
我想吃辣的。
Barbie: Oh, sorry, I’ll cook something for us.
我来做饭。
I’ll cook food for us.(不地道)
I’ll cook something for us.
Faith: What should we have for lunch?
What should we eat for lunch? (不地道)
What should we have for lunch?(地道)
eat在美国给人的感觉就是“吃,吃, 吃”,好像是一个吃货,have也有吃的意思,但是它相对文雅一些。所以,在美国,“咱们中午吃什么”会用第二种。
Barbie: Um, what’s your favorite food?
favorite 最爱的
what’s your favorite weather? 你最喜欢的天气是什么?
My favorite weather is sunny. 我最喜欢天晴。
what’s your favorite color? 你最喜欢的颜色是什么?
Faith: I wanna try Chinese food.
I wanna try Chinese food.
I wanna eat Chinese food.
同样,这里也涉及到一个用词文雅度的问题。 我想“吃”中国菜,这里的吃其实就是“尝试”的意思,用“try”会更文雅。
Faith: No, I’m a lousy cook, Can I give you a hand?
give someone a hand 帮某人一把, 帮把手
Can you give me a hand?
你能帮我一把吗?
I need someone to give me a hand.
我需要一个人帮把手。
Barbie: Thanks. But just leave the cooking to me.
leave something to someone 把…留给… 把…交给…
You can leave your question to me.
你可以把问题交给我来回答。
I’ll leave the cake to him.
我把蛋糕交给他搞定。
Barbie: Okay, I’ll do that. Are you good at cooking?
be good/great at doing something
擅长于/非常擅长于…
I’m good at speaking English.
我很擅长说英语。
He’s great at cooking.
他非常善于做菜。
Faith: No, I’m a lousy cook, Can I give you a hand?
lousy(口语化) 糟糕的,差劲的
The movie is lousy.
这电影很差劲。
This is a lousy show.
这是场差劲的表演。