Mom and Stella are busy working in the backyard farm.
妈妈和Stella在后院农场忙着工作。
“Wait for me!” I yell.
“等等我!”我喊道。
I scrambled down the stairs.
我爬下楼梯。
“Look at these beets,” calls Mom.
“看看这些甜菜,”妈妈说。
“Did you ever see such a color?”
“这些都是甜菜吗?“我问。
“Are these all beets?” I ask.
“你见过这种颜色吗?”
“These are carrots, and this is kale,” Stella answers.
“这些是胡萝卜,这是甘蓝,” Stella回答道。
I hear the sound again and look all around.
我再次听到声音,环顾四周。
“What is that sound?” I ask.
“那是什么声音?”我问道。
“Come on,” says Stella.
“过来,”Stella 说道。
“I’ll show you. And bring those pails with you.”
“我会告诉你的,你把那些桶带过来。”
Chapter 3
What’s the Answer?
答案是什么?
“Say hello to Kiwi and Mango!” says Stella.
“跟Kiwi和Mango打个招呼!”Stella说道。
“They call me when it’s milking time.”
“它们会在需要挤奶的时候叫我。”
“Goats give milk?” I ask.
“山羊产奶?”我问道。
“They sure do,” said Stella.
“它们当然可以。”Stella说道
“You had some last night!”
“你昨晚可是喝了一些!”
“Maybe you’ll help me make some goat’s-milk cheese later,” Stella says.
“或许你会帮我做一些山羊奶酪。”Stella说道。
“How do you make cheese?” I ask.
“你怎么做奶酪?”我问道。
“It’s easy,” said Stella, “for two farm girls like us!”
“非常简单。”Stella说道。“只需要两个像我们一样的农场女孩就够了!”