什么时候用for和of,polite后跟of还是for

首页 > 健康 > 作者:YD1662022-11-24 04:05:16

Well hello! I'm Emma from mmmEnglish!

大家好!我是艾玛,欢迎来到美味英语频道!

In this lesson today, we're going to focus on two really important English prepositions, prepositions that sometimes get confused, by and until.

在今天这节课中,我们要重点讨论两个非常重要的英语介词,也就是 by 和 until,这两个介词有时候很容易被混淆。

These are prepositions of time and they can be used in a similar way but the biggest mistake that my students make is using by and until in the same way.

这两个是时间介词,它们的使用方式很相似,但是我的学生犯错误最多的就是以同样的方式使用 by 和 until。

They are not interchangeable.

它们是不可互换的。

In fact, in some situations, they can have a completely different meaning, but don't worry at all.

其实在某些情况下,它们可能有完全不同的含义,但完全不用担心。

Today you're here to learn how and when to use these prepositions correctly.

今天大家就是要学习如何以及何时使用这些介词。

Plus, I've included a little test at the end so that you can make sure that you're using these prepositions accurately.

此外,最后还有一个小测试,确保你们可以准确地使用这些介词。

Is that okay?

好吗?

Good!

太好了!

Let's dive in!

让我们开始吧!

Do you have problems with prepositions?

你在介词使用方面有问题吗?

Prepositions eight by eight is a step course for intermediate to advanced learners to go beyond the basics and to learn eight different ways to use eight prepositions in everyday spoken English.

介词八乘八是中级到高级学习者超越其基础知识的梯级课程,可以学习在日常英语口语中使用八个介词的八种不同方法。

You'll learn some advanced word patterns that are going to take your English skills to the next level.

大家将学习一些高级的词组,这些词组可以将把你的英语技能提升到一个新的水平。

Plus every lesson includes an interactive speaking practice with me using the English imitation technique.

此外,每节课都包括一个用英语模仿技巧和我互动的口语练习。

Now of course, I have a free lesson for you to try, so you can see what you think for yourself, just click the link in the description or follow that one up there and enrol and try it out for yourself.

当然,我还有一个免费的课程供大家尝试,这样你就可以看看自己的想法,点击描述中的链接,或者按照链接注册,就可以自己尝试一下啦。

By means at or before a certain time.

By 指的是在某个时间或之前。

Shah will be at the party by 5pm.

沙阿下午 5 点会在派对上。

The preposition by helps us to know that he will be there at 5pm.

介词 by 可以让我们知道他下午 5 点会在那里。

Whether he arrives before it or exactly at that time, he won't arrive after 5pm.

不管他是在它之前到达还是在那个时间到达,他都不会在下午 5 点以后才到达。

Now until shows us a state or a situation that continues up to a certain time.

Until 表明的是持续到一定时间的状态或情况。

Can you wait till I get there to cut the cake?

你能等我到了再切蛋糕吗?

Waiting is the situation and it's going to continue up until the moment that Shah arrives.

等待是一种情况,它会一直持续到沙阿到达的那一刻。

When Shah arrives, the waiting stops and in this case we get to eat cake.

当沙阿到达时,等待停止了,这样的话我们可以吃蛋糕了。

When you hear a native English speaker using this word, you'll notice that often it's reduced.

当你听到以英语为母语的人使用这个词时,你会注意到它经常被简化。

Until becomes til.

Until 变成 til。

It's unstressed, so it's not an important word in our sentence.

它没有重读,所以在我们的句子中它不是一个重要的单词。

It reduces down.

它被缩读了。

And so for that reason, it could be a little difficult to hear unless you know what you're listening for.

因此,除非你知道你在听什么的话,否则听起来可能有点困难。

I'll wait till five, but then I'm gonna cut the cake without you.

我会等到五点,但如果你还没到的话,我就要先切蛋糕了。

So there's no difference in the meaning between until and til, til is just easier to say, it flows a little more naturally so you should try it out when you're speaking.

所以 unti 和 til 的意思没有区别,til 说起来更加简单,也更加自然流畅,所以你应该在说的时候可以试一试。

By and until are really useful when you're talking about deadlines.

当你谈论截止日期时,by 和 until 都非常有用。

I have to decide by Monday.

我必须在星期一之前做出决定。

I have to decide on or before Monday.

我必须在星期一或之前决定。

I can't decide after Monday because by then it's going to be too late.

我不能在星期一之后决定,因为到那时就太晚了。

Monday is the deadline.

星期一是最后期限。

So we use by plus time or date or day to talk about a deadline.

所以我们用 by 加时间或日期来表示最后期限。

And the focus really is on that endpoint, the moment when the task must be complete or the action needs to be complete.

真正的重点是最后的期限,也就是任务必须完成或行动需要完成的时刻。

But we can also say: I have until Monday to decide.

但我们也可以说:我必须在星期一之前做出决定。

So the meaning here is very similar but it's not exactly the same because with until, the focus is on the period of time leading up to the endpoint.

这里的意思非常相似,但并不完全相同,因为 until 强调的是指向终点的一段时间。

So you have a period of time to decide from now until Monday.

所以从现在到周一,你有一段时间来做决定。

So with until, we're really focusing on that block or that section of time before the deadline.

所以 until 的情况下,我们关注的是截止日期前的一段时间。

But with by, we're focused on the endpoint.

但是 by 的情况,我们关注的是最终时间点。

Now I think an easy way to remember the difference is to think about the time expression from something until something or til something.

我认为一个简单的方法来记住其中的差异是想一下时间表达:从什么时间到什么时间。

So let's look at this example again.

让我们再看一下这个例子。

I have from today til Monday to decide.

我有今天到星期一的时间来决定。

You can see that the beginning of that block of time is really clearly defined and the end is really clearly defined as well in this expression.

你可以看到在这个表达中,这段时间的开始和结束都有明确的定义。

We know from now til Monday.

我们知道是从现在到星期一。

When we say: I have until Monday, it's basically the same as saying from now until Monday, but here the starting time is either not important or it's not relevant or we just assume that the time is from now.

如果我说:我有直到星期一的时间的话,基本上和说从现在到星期一是一样的,但是这里的开始时间要么不重要,要么不相关,或者我们只是假设时间是从现在开始的。

Another example.

另一个例子。

The party goes til late.

聚会一直持续到很晚。

It's not important what time the party starts.

派对什么时候开始并不重要。

We're emphasising that the party continues into the night.

我们强调的是派对会持续到晚上。

I'll be here til midday.

我会在这里呆到中午。

This just means I'll be here from now until midday.

这意味着我从现在到中午都会在这里。

Okay, this is important to keep in mind.

好的,记住这一点很重要。

Both by and until can be used with a precise time, an exact time.

By 和 until 都可以和精确的时间一起使用。

I need the contract by 5 o'clock.

我需要在 5 点之前拿到合同。

You have until 2pm to sign the contract.

你必须在下午 2 点之前签合同。

However only until can be used with less precise time expressions.

然而,只有 until 可以与不太精确的时间表达一起使用。

He didn't get home until late.

他很晚才回家。

Late is a time expression, but it's not a precise time, it's a general time.

晚是一个时间表达,但它不是一个精确的时间,而是一个宽泛的时间。

We don't really know whether late means 2am or 9pm but you get the idea.

我们不知道晚是指凌晨 2 点还是晚上 9 点,但你应该可以理解其中的意思。

We can even use until together with a second action or event.

我们甚至可以将 until 与第二个动作或事件一起使用。

I'll wait until you get here.

我会等到你来。

He watched TV until he fell asleep.

他看电视看得睡着了。

Bake the cake until it's golden brown.

把蛋糕烤到金棕色。

So in all these examples, until is actually a conjunction.

在这些例子中,until 实际上是一个连词。

A conjunction is a linking word that helps to join two clauses or sentences together and that is why we can't simply replace until with by in any of these examples.

连词也就是连接词,可以将两个从句或句子连接在一起,这就是为什么在这些例子中我们不能简单地将 until 替换为 by 的原因。

It doesn't make sense.

这没有任何意义。

Let me show you how easy it is to get confused by by and until.

让我来告诉大家 by 和 until 是多么容易让人迷惑吧。

Do they mean the same thing?

它们的意思是一样的吗?

They do not.

并不是。

They don't mean the same thing but do you know the difference?

它们的意思并不一样,但你知道区别吗?

I'll be home by nine, so I'm not home now.

我九点钟回家,所以我现在不在家。

But in the time between now and 9 o'clock, I'll arrive home.

但是从现在到 9 点之间,我会到家。

So if you come to my house after nine, that's where I'll be.

所以如果你九点以后来我家的话,我是在家的。

I'll be home until nine.

我到九点钟都在家。

Usually means I'm home now.

通常意味着我现在就在家。

So I'll be at home from now up until nine.

所以从现在到九点我都在家。

If you come to my house after nine, I won't be there.

如果你九点以后来我家的话,我就不在了。

So the meaning here is almost completely opposite in these sentences.

所以这里两个句子的意思几乎是完全相反的。

That's why you need to think carefully about using by or until because you can see that it's easy to make the wrong choice and that really could lead to a misunderstanding.

这就是为什么你需要仔细考虑 by 或 until 的使用方式,因为你可以发现其实很容易做出错误的选择,而这就会带来误解。

Okay, so let's test what you know.

好吧,让我们测试一下学到的内容吧。

I've prepared a little quiz to help you test your skills to make sure that you really understand these prepositions.

我准备了一个小测验来帮助大家测试你的技能,以确保是真的理解这些介词了。

You'll see a sentence up on screen just like this.

你会在屏幕上看到这样一个句子。

All you need to do is decide whether by or until is the right way to complete the sentence.

你所需要做的就是确定完成句子的正确方式是 by 还是 until。

This one is by because the letter could arrive on or before Tuesday.

这个答案是不要,因为这封信可能在周二或之前到达。

And the verb arrive helps us to know that we're focusing on Tuesday as the deadline.

动词“到达”告诉我们,我们应该关注星期二这一截止日期。

The letter should arrive by Tuesday.

这封信应该在星期二之前到达。

So are you ready to start the quiz?

你准备好开始测验了吗?

It's your turn now.

现在轮到你了。

The report is due by Friday.

报告星期五是最后期限。

I waited until 9:30 but no one showed up.

我一直等到 9:30,但却没有人出现。

I need to be at the airport by 12 because the flight departs at 1:30. I forgot my keys, can you wait there until I get home?

我需要在 12 点之前到达机场,因为飞机 1:30 起飞。我忘了带钥匙,你能等我回家吗?

The shops stay open until 9pm on Thursday.

商店一直营业到周四晚上 9 点。

So how did you go?

做得怎么样?

Did you get all of them right?

你都答对了吗?

Let me know down in the comments or if you have any questions about the quiz, let me know.

请在评论中告诉我,或者如果你对测验有任何疑问的话,也请告诉我哦。

Learning to use English prepositions correctly really does take practice and patience.

学习正确使用英语介词需要练习和耐心。

But if you want to dive deeper and perfect your English prepositions with me, then go and check out my prepositions course.

但是如果你想和我一起深入研究和提升你的英语介词使用的话,那就去看看我的介词课程吧。

For all of my students here on YouTube, I've got a twenty per cent discount for you.

我 YouTube 的所有学生,可以享受20%的折扣哦。

Make sure you use this code at the checkout.

一定要在付款时使用这个代码。

The link to my prepositions course is down in the description below.

我的介词课程的链接放在下面的描述中啦。

Thank you for practising with me today and for all of your support, I really appreciate it.

谢谢你今天和我一起练习,谢谢你的支持,我真的非常感激。

I'll see you in the next lesson!

咱们下节课见!

栏目热文

文档排行

本站推荐

Copyright © 2018 - 2021 www.yd166.com., All Rights Reserved.