8. I wish I could, but… 我很希望能……,但是……
郑重地向对方提出拒绝的表达,可以理解为“虽然很不情愿,但……”。but 后面要接不得不拒绝的原因。相似的表达有 I'm sorry, but, I'd love to, but... 或 I'd like to, but... 等。
---The meeting is very important. Can you come?
这个会议很重要,你能来参加吗?
---I wish I could, but I have too much work to do.
我希望能来,我还有很多事情要做。
9. No, thank you./No, thanks. 不用了,谢谢。拒绝的同时表示感谢。
---Let's play football. 我们踢足球吧。
---No, thanks. 不了,谢谢。
10. I am really not in the mood. 我真的没什么心情。
mood 的意思是“心情”,没有心情你可以说成 I don't have the mood. 或是 I am not in the mood.
in the mood for sth./doing sth. 有心情做某事
---I’m going to the library. Would you like to go with me?
我要去图书馆。你想一起去吗?
---I’m really not in the mood for reading.
我真的没有心情读书。
---Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?
今晚能和我共进晚餐吗?
---Sorry, I am really not in the mood.
对不起,我真的没有什么心情。