4. I really want to, but I've got hundreds of things to do. 我想去,可是我有好多好多事要做。
别人邀请你参加他们的活动,就算你不想去,也不要直接了当地说 No, I don't want to. 这样子别人下次可能就不会找你了。试着用这种比较好的说法:先说 I really want to,或是 I really love to,再接着说 but I've got hundreds of things to do。这样感觉上比较礼貌,也不会让别人觉得很没面子。
---Mary, how about coming to our party?
玛丽,来参加我们的聚会咋样?
---I really want to, but I've got hundreds of things to do.
我真的很想去,但是我有很多事要做。
5. Thank you, but… 谢谢你,但是……
首先表达对于对方邀请的感激,再表明无法参与原因。
---Will you join us in a walk? 和我们一起散步,好吗?
---Thank you, but I'd rather not. I have something important to do.
谢谢,可是我不能你们一起散步,我有重要的事要做。
6. I'd like [love] to, but… 我很想,但是……
首先委婉表达对这件事很感兴趣,但是由于一些原因才不得不拒绝。
---I hope you can come with us.
我希望你能同我们一起去。
---I'd like [love] to, but I must do my homework first.
我很愿意去,但是我必须首先做家庭作业。
7. I'd rather you didn’t. 你最好不要……
I would rather you didn't可用来表示说话者的委婉拒绝,要注意would rather后面句子中谓语动词用过去式。
---Do you mind if I smoke here?
我在这儿抽烟你介意吗?
---I'd rather you didn’t, actually.
你最好别抽。
---Can I come tonight?
我今天晚上来可以吗?
---I'd rather you didn’t. I'm too busy these days.
你最好别来,我这几天特别忙。