1.forbid sb from doing sth
禁止,不准某人做某事
He forbade them from mentioning the subject again.
他不准他们再提到这个问题。
Women are forbidden from going out without a veil.
妇女不戴面纱禁止出门。
2. forbid 名词(代词、动名词,不能直接接动词不定式,但是被动语态是可以接不定式的)
Her father forbade the marriage.
她的父亲不允许这桩婚事。
Lack of space forbids listing the names of those who contributed.
篇幅所限,不一一列举所有捐款人员姓名。
He forbade contacts between directors and executives outside his presence.
他禁止董事与管理层绕开他私下进行任何联系。
Brazil says its constitution forbids the private ownership of energy assets.
巴西称其宪法禁止个人占有能源资产。
You are all forbidden to leave.
你们都不准离开。
She was shut away and forbidden to read.
她被关了起来,并且不允许看书。
The staff are forbidden to tender for private-sector work.
工作人员不得投标承接私营部门的工作。
The country was forbidden to rearm under the terms of the treaty.
根据条约规定,这个国家不允许重新武装。
3.forbid 直接宾语 不定式
They'll forbid you to marry.
他们不会准许你结婚。
His own pride forbids him to ask Arthur's help.
他的自尊心不允许他开口向阿瑟求助。
I forbid anyone to touch that clock.
我不准任何人碰那台钟。
Lionel has forbidden her ever to mention that name again under his roof.
莱昂内尔已经禁止她在他家里再提到这个名字。
4. forbid 间接宾语 直接宾语
My doctor has forbidden me sugar.
医生禁止我吃糖。
I forbid you the house.我不允许你进入此房。
I forbid you the use of my tape recorder.
我不允许你使用我的录音机。
Heaven forbid that he should leave because of me!
但愿他不会因为我而离开!
5. God/Heaven forbid (that…)
但愿这事不发生
used to say that you hope that sth will not happen.
Heaven forbid that he should leave because of me!
但愿他不会因为我而离开!
God forbid that we are inspiring people to dress like this.
但愿我们不是在怂恿大家穿成这样。
God forbid that anything should happen to my father.
但愿我父亲不出出什么事儿。