同音异义词wear,wear的同音词是will吗

首页 > 经验 > 作者:YD1662024-03-28 05:08:29

同音异义词wear,wear的同音词是will吗(1)

英语中存在一些同音异形异义词,比如no和know、wear和where。在口语表达中,这些词容易被忽略,但在写作时混淆它们却会造成一些搞笑的错误。

今天小编整理了20组常见的同音异形异义词,来看看都有哪些。

1、AIR/HEIR

Air:oxygen and other gases that we breathe in

空气:我们吸入的氧气和其他气体

It's spring. Love is in the air and the birds are singing.

春天到了。空气中充满了爱的气息,鸟儿正在唱歌。

Heir:the person who is next in line in a family and inherits something

继承者:家里的下一代继承人,他可以继承一些东西。

When the new royal heir is born, hundreds of balloons are sent up in the air to celebrate the event.

新的皇族继承人出生时,会有上百个气球升入空中来庆祝这件事。

2、AISLE/ISLE

Aisle:a passageway between seats in rows

通道:两排座位之间的路

Would you like a window or an aisle seat?

你想要靠过道还是靠窗的座位?

An aisle seat, please. I wouldn't like to sit next to the window, I'm afraid of heights.

请给我订一个靠过道的位置。我不想靠窗坐,我恐高。

Isle:a small island

岛:一个小岛

They're planning to build an airport on the isle. I think it's a fantastic idea.

他们打算在这个小岛上建一个小岛。我觉得这个主意很棒。

3、BALD/BAWLED

BALD:someone who has no hair on his head is bald

秃头的:头上没有长头发的人就是秃头。

Will you love me if I go bald?

如果我变成了秃头你还会爱我吗?

BAWLED:past form of 'bawl', it means 'cry loudly'

放声痛哭:这是‘bawl’的过去式形式,意为‘放声痛哭’。

When I realized I was going bald, I bawled liked a child.

当我意识到我快要变成秃头的时候,我哭得像个孩子。

4、BAND/BANNED

BAND:a group of people

一群:一群人

I'd like to form a rock band. Can you play any musical instruments?

我想组建一个摇滚乐队。你会演奏什么乐器吗?

BANNED:(ban-banned-banned) to prohibit, not allow

禁止:这是‘ban’的过去式,表示禁止,不允许

I'd love to be in a rock band, but I thought you were banned from playing loud music in the house.

我想要成为摇滚乐队的一员,但是我认为你不能在房间里大声地演奏音乐。

5、BARE/BEAR

BARE:naked, not covered

空的,赤裸的:赤裸的,没有被覆盖的

Susy was wearing a daring dress at the party. It revealed her bare legs.

苏西在聚会上穿了一条暴露的裙子。这使她的双腿赤裸地露了出来。

BEAR:a big animal with dark brown coat that lives in woods and eats smaller animals and fruit

熊:有着深棕色皮毛的大型动物,它住在树林中吃比它小的动物和水果。

I took my son to the zoo to see the new baby bear.

我带儿子去动物园里看熊宝宝。

6、BREAK/BRAKE

BREAK:smash something by bending or damaging it somehow

打破:以某种方式弯曲或者损坏某物某事

You'll break something if you keep playing football in the living room. Can you stop it, please?

如果你继续在客厅踢球,你会把别的东西弄坏的。请你停一下,好吗?

BRAKE:a device to make a car go slower/stop

闸:一种使汽车慢行或者停止前进的装置

I'll have to get my brakes checked. I think there's something wrong with them.

我将检查一下刹车装置。我觉得它可能是坏了。

7、BORED/BOARD

BORED:not interested in your current activity

无聊的:对当前的活动不感兴趣

I'm bored with you.

我厌倦了你。

BOARD:a flat piece of wood on which you can write, play a game or do sports like surfing, skateboarding etc.

木板/甲板:一块平坦的木板,你可以在上面写字,玩游戏,做运动如冲浪,滑板等。

Whenever the teacher goes to the whiteboard and writes something on it, the students start chatting.

老师去白板上写东西的时候,学生就开始聊天。

8、CELL/SELL

CELL:a room in a prison/ the smallest part of an organism

细胞,单间:监狱里的小房间/有机体的最小组成部分

How many cells are there in a human body?

人体一共有多少细胞?

SELL:giving something to somebody in return for mone

卖:把某物给某人以换取钱财

I've decided to sell my house and move to Australia.

我打算卖掉房子然后移居澳大利亚。

9、CENT/SCENT

CENT:1/100th of a dollar

分,一分:一美元的1/100

They don't deserve a cent after what they have done to you.

在他们对你做了这样的事之后,他们一分钱都不值。

SCENT:smell, odour, fragrance

气味:气味,香味

Could you feel the scent of jasmine in the garden? It was so lovely.

你能闻到花园里茉莉花香的味道吗?它是如此迷人。

10、CLAWS/CLAUSE

CLAWS:a sharp, curvy structure at the end of the paws of animals

爪子:动物身体末端一种锋利的弯曲的生理结构

I'm not sure if I should trim my cat's rear claws. Do you know anything about cats?

我不知道我是否应该修剪猫的后爪。你了解猫吗?

CLAUSE:a section of a legal document

条款:法律条文的一部分

Don't sign that contract before you read and understand every word and clause!

在阅读和理解每一个条款之前,不要签约。

11、CURRENT/CURRANT

CURRENT:happening/existing now

现在的:现在发生的,现在存在的

Are you happy in your current job?

你在现在的工作岗位中还开心吗?

CURRANT:small, black or red berry that grows on bushes

无籽葡萄干:在灌木丛中生长的小的、黑的或者红的浆果

Would you like some ice-cream with your blackcurrants?

你想吃带无籽葡萄*冰淇淋吗?

12、DEAR/DEER

DEAR:loved and valued

亲爱的:亲爱的,重视的

You are my dearest friend, you know.

你知道的,你是我最亲爱的朋友。

DEER:an animal with hooves and antlers that lives in the woods

小鹿:住在森林里,有蹄和鹿角的动物

I had venison steak for lunch.

我午餐吃鹿肉。

What's venison?

什么是鹿肉?

Oh dear, you don't know? It's deer meat.

哦,亲爱的,你不知道吗?就是小鹿的肉呀。

13、DIE/DYE

DIE:stop living

死亡:不再存活

My dog's very old. I'm afraid he'll die soon.

我的狗年纪已经大了。恐怕他活不了多久了。

DYE:to colour materials or hair

染色:给材料或者头发染色

I'm thinking of dying my hair. Should I dye it blue or pink?

我想染头发,我是染粉色还是蓝色呢?

14、FAIR/FARE

FAIR:honest/ consistent with rules/ light in colour, clear

公平的,清楚的:诚实的,遵守规则的,颜色浅的,清楚的

Mum, that's not fair! I did the washing up yesterday. It's Jack's turn today.

妈妈,这不公平!我昨天洗碗了,今天轮到杰克洗了。

FARE:money you pay for transportation

费用:交通费

I can't visit my parents very often. The train fare is too expensive.

我不能经常拜访我的父母。火车票的价钱太贵了。

15、FLEE/FLEA

FLEE:run away from danger

逃跑:逃离危险

If I was a bit younger, I'd flee this boring town and move to the capital.

如果我再年轻一点,我一定会搬去首都。

FLEA:a small insect that lives in the fur of animals

跳蚤:一种生活在动物皮毛中的小昆虫

Do you think fleas go into human hair?

你认为跳蚤会进入人的头发里吗?

16、 FLOUR/FLOWER

FLOUR:white powder-like foodstuff that's obtained by grinding grains

面粉:通过碾磨谷物得到粉末状的物体

Can you buy some flour on your way home? I'd like to make pizza for dinner.

你能回家的时候顺路买点面粉吗?我晚上想做披萨。

FLOWER:the most beautiful part of plants that blossoms and smells nice

花朵:植物最漂亮的部分,会开花而且闻起来很香

You should make your wife breakfast in bed a few times every month. And don't forget to lay a single flower on the tray before you serve it.

每个月你都应该在妻子还在床上睡觉的时候做几次早餐。不要忘记端上来之前在桌子上放一朵花。

17、GRIZZLY/GRISLY

GRIZZLY:a big, brown bear that lives in North America

灰熊:居住在北美洲的大的或者灰色的熊

Would you like to come trekking with us? We're going to the Rockies.

你愿意和我们一起远足吗?我们要去落基山。

You must be joking. What will you do if you bump into a grizzly?

你一定是在开玩笑,如果遇到灰熊你怎么办?

GRISLY:unpleasant and frightening

可怕的:不高兴的,令人害怕的

Did you see those black and white photos in her living room?

你在她的客厅里看到那些黑白照片了吗?

Yeah, they're rather grisly, aren't they?

看到了,它们看起来有点可怕,不是吗?

18、GUERRILLA/GORILLA

GUERRILLA:a member of a small group of irregular soldiers

游击队:一小队不正规的士兵

Guerrilla warfare has had a big impact on the area. It's not a safe place to go on holiday anymore.

游击战争对这个地方产生了巨大的影响。这再也不是度假的好地方了。

GORILLA:the largest and strongest ape

大猩猩:最大的最凶猛的猿类

Have you seen the film 'King Kong'? It's about a giant gorilla that is taken to New York to be exhibited.

你看过《金刚》这部电影吗?电影围绕一部巨大的猩猩被带到纽约的故事展开。

19、HAIR/HARE

HAIR:what grows on your head

毛发:头部长出来的毛发

Her hair used to be much shorter. Do you think she's got hair extensions?

她的头发比过去短的多。你觉得她的头发长长了吗?

HARE:an animal that's similar to a rabbit, but has longer ears and legs野兔:和兔子很像的一种动物,但是它的腿和耳朵都比兔子的长

Rabbits live underground, but hares live in overground nests.

兔子居住在地下,但是野兔住在地面的巢穴。

20、HEROINE/HEROIN

HEROINE:a brave woman, usually the principal character of a book or a film

女英雄,女主人公:一个勇敢的女性,通常是书或者电影的主人公

My favourite heroine is Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter books.

我最喜欢的女主角就是哈利·波特系列中的赫敏·格兰杰。

HEROIN:a white, highly addictive narcotic

海洛因:一种白色的,令人高度上瘾的麻醉剂

I stopped reading that book when the heroine turned out to be a heroin addict. I don't like stories about drug addicts.

我不再读那本书了,因为女主角变成了瘾君子。我不喜欢吸毒者的故事。

上述这些同音异形词,有你混淆的那一组吗?

==============================

想学接地气的实用英语表达?想看最新环球热点资讯?想听最原汁原味的英(美)音?

分享微信订阅号洛基英语:luoji917 (长按微信号复制关注)

每周七天,我们为您的英语保鲜!

==============================

栏目热文

文档排行

本站推荐

Copyright © 2018 - 2021 www.yd166.com., All Rights Reserved.